Home Security: The Top Five Things Burglars Don’t Want You to Know
If you ever had a chance to sit down with a professional burglar and talk to him about the business that he was in-robbing your home-what would he say about the things that would deter him from picking your home is a target?
More than likely you will never have that opportunity, but through written interviews with professional burglars we have seen, here is what they say are the top things that they don’t want homeowners to do. In this article we will discuss those top five things, that way you can determine if they are applicable to you and take appropriate steps to improve the security of your home with some home security products such as window alarms and security cameras.
1. The first would be don’t have a dog. Burglars do not like dogs and do everything they can to avoid dogs. The sound of a barking dog does more to scare a burglar away, according to local police officials, than any other factor. Sometimes just a sign in your front yard that warns of a vicious guard dog is enough.
2. The second thing on the list are cameras. Burglars don’t want you to have security cameras around your home. Law enforcement officials will tell you that if you have video footage of a burglar breaking into your house, they have a much better chance of catching him.
3. Third on the list is hiding places. Burglars do 95% of their work in daytime so they need places to hide to conceal their whereabouts from nosy neighbors. So whatever you do, make sure there’s plenty of shrubbery around lower-level doors and windows.
4. And fourth on the list is burglars don’t like noise, so don’t put any noisy alarms on your windows and doors. The window alarm noise scares burglars and alerts nearby neighbors that there’s trouble going on in the house.
5. And since burglars only spend an average of 10 minutes inside the house they want things that are easy to find. So whatever you do, don’t hide valuables in diversion safes. Those are ordinary looking household items with hollowed out interiors that can hide small items such as jewelry, cash and credit cards.
Those are five things burglars don’t want homeowners to do that will make a burglar’s job much harder. Now that you know what they are, you can beef up your home security by doing them and possibly avoiding a home burglary.
We have 32 Fake Security Cameras to choose from. Any of them can fool even the sharpest burglar.
Take a look at our selection of Motion Activated Alarms. Any one of them can improve your home’s security.
Our BLOG is updated daily and is a wealth of information covering tips and info you can use with over 650 posts. Check it out to see what you might be missing.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products.