Bear Spray Safety Tips-Safety Tip Of The Week
Every year millions of Americans take to the back country for camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, and off-road biking, walking or just having fun. Aside from getting lost in the back country the biggest threat to many of them will be running into a bear.
Bears are not the cute little cuddly things you see in cartoons. They are big, lumbering oafs that are surprisingly fleet of foot and have claws that can rip you apart in a split-second. This may fall in the category of “it will never happen to me” but just to put you on the safe side here are some bear pepper spray tips for you to be aware of.
1. Never go into the back country without bear pepper spray Bear Pepper Spray. Mace brand pepper spray has a range of 35 feet.
2. Carry it in a holster on your belt for easy access. When you need a new need it right away.
3. Don’t spray it directly at the bear, but rather create a wall of mist between you and the bear. So when the bear charges at you it will run into the spray.
4. Don’t run away from the bear after you use the proper spray back up slowly and make your exit.
5. And guns have been shown to be less effective against bears than bear pepper spray.
Like that old green credit card “don’t leave home without it” when you are going into the back country.
Feedback on these posts is appreciated. Have you been a victim of a bear attack? Please share your experience. We want to hear your thoughts.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products. We carry a wide range of self-defense products including Tasers, stun guns, pepper sprays and other non-lethal weapons that can save your life in the event of an attack.