Self Defense: What to Look for In a Stun Device: Six Small Features
Just about everybody knows what a stun device is and what it does. But just in case you don’t know, here is what it is and what it can do. A stun device is a hand-held product that is either battery operated or uses rechargeable technology to generate electricity to probes that are on one end.
Here Is What It Does
When the device is applied to an assailant for as little as 3 to 5 seconds it causes the muscles in the assailant to overwork very rapidly. This overexertion of the muscles depletes the body of all blood sugars so the assailant has nothing left to do but curl up in a ball.
Here are some overlooked small features that are important to look for in a stun device.
1. The first thing that you want to look for is the power rating-how many volts of electricity does it generate? The more powerful the stun device, the less time that you need to apply it for it to work effectively.
2. Is there a flashlight or alarm included? Many stun devices today include some kind of light and many of them also have an alarm. These can aid in disabling an assailant or calling attention to your situation. They are valuable features.
3. Almost all of them include at least one safety feature that prevents accidental discharge. In some cases, stun devices have two safety features. You don’t want to accidentally shock yourself.
4. Does this device have a disable pin? A disable pin wrist strap when worn properly can effectively disengage the firing mechanism of a stun device by pulling a pin out of the stun gun should it be taken away from you in a struggle with an assailant. This way it cannot be used against you.
5. Almost all major manufacturers offer a warranty on their products. Look for a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty that will provide you with a replacement should the product break. As well as most stun guns are made these days, they do break down. Look for a manufacturer who stands behind his product 100%.
6. And lastly look for a supplier who will work with you and answer any questions you have and make the return process of a defective product easy.
Those are six things that you should look for in a stun gun that add to the value that you’re getting when you make your purchase. Not all of them are equal. It only costs a few pennies more to go first class.
The Monster Stun Gun is 7.8 million volts and is very affordable.
We have 51 Powerful Sun Devices over one million volts to choose from. One of them will be just right for you.
Our BLOG is updated daily and is a wealth of information covering tips and info you can use with over 500 posts. Check it out to see what you might be missing.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products.