Automobile Security & Safety-Safety Tip Of The Week
Here are some valuable tips on automobile safety and security.
1. On approaching, entering or exiting your car make sure you lock/unlock your doors first, keep one arm free and look around the car before you get in. Park in well lit areas and make sure you know where your panic buttons are and if possible locate an emergency call box near where you park
2. If you have a breakdown make sure you have your mobile phone with you and a map and know how to get in touch with the local emergency number.
3. If you have to have an emergency stop to get help turn on your emergency flashers, make sure park away from the road, keep your doors locked and windows rolled up and tie some signaling device around your door handle or antenna.
4. If you have an accident stay in your car, partially lower your window. If a police officer approaches and you feel nervous request another officer.
5. Avoid road rage and hitchhikers.
6. Car alarms, kill switches and GPS devices are all effective vehicle theft prevention devices. A good steering wheel lock can help too
7. Carjacking is becoming a big problem as are staged accidents for insurance scams-beware. Don’t leave your car.
8. And it is always a good idea to keep an emergency self defense device in your car like the Diablo Flashlight Stun Gun. It is a powerful flashlight and a 4.5 million volt stun gun.
Feedback on these posts is appreciated. Have you ever had a bad experience in your car? Please share your experience. We want to hear your thoughts.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products. We carry a wide range of self-defense products including tasers, stun guns, pepper sprays and other nonlethal weapons that can save your life in the event of an attack.