Driving Safety Tips-Safety Tip Of The Week
There are very few events that are more traumatic than an automobile accident. If there are any, it is being car jacked-the act of stealing a car with the owner in it. That is really traumatic. Also more crimes are committed in parking lots than any other place (except the home). Here are some driving safety tips to keep you and your family safe when driving or when parking your car.
1. If possible avoid driving at night.
2. Lock your car doors even if you are in the car. If you have an alarm or security device, use it.
3. If you have to shop at night go with a friend
4. Do not park next to vans, trucks with shells or cars with tinted windows.
5. Park as close as you can to your destination and take notice of where you parked.
6. Never leave your car unoccupied with the motor running or with children inside.
7. Do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your car. This creates a temptation for thieves. If you must leave something in the car, lock it in the trunk or put it out of sight.
8. Be sure to locate your keys prior to going to your car.
9. Keep a secure hold on your purse, handbag and parcels. Do not put them down or on top of the car in order to open the door.
10. When approaching and leaving your vehicle be aware of your surroundings.
11. Do not approach your car alone if there are suspicious people in the area.
12. Ask mall or store security for an escort to your car.
Follow these tips to help insure your safety when driving or in a parking lot.
Feedback on these posts is appreciated. Have you been a victim of an attack in a parking lot or in your car? Please share your experience. We want to hear your thoughts.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products. We carry a wide range of self-defense products including Tasers, stun guns, pepper sprays and other non-lethal weapons that can save your life in the event of an attack.