- Expandable solar-powered infrared break beam alarm system
- Sends signal to Dakota Alert 4000 series base receiver when object breaks beam
- Resistant to small objects such as birds and falling leaves and any movement outside beams
- Sensors can be set up to 300 feet apart and signal the DCR-4000 receiver, which can be installed up to a mile away
- Installs easily without any wiring
- Sensors are powered by lithium ion batteries that are charged via solar panels during the day
- Up to 4 zones can be monitored with additional transmitters (not included, see Accessories)
- Receiver has 12 different alarm tones to choose from
- Adjustable volume control
- Receiver can be placed on a table or mounted on a wall
- Infrared detection
- Operating Temperature:-30°F to 120°F
- Receiver operates on 12V DC output current
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
The Dakota Alert infrared break beam system secures your property from all quarters. It is convenient to install and requires no wiring at all. The solar panels at the top of the sensors charge the lithium-ion batteries during the day, thereby dismissing the need for a wired connection or battery replacement.
It takes just a few minutes to install the transmitters, which can be mounted up to 300 feet apart to signal back to the receiver placed up to a mile (up to 5280 feet) away. When the connecting infrared beams between the sensors are broken because of someone passing by, the system sends back a signal to the receiver. The receiver alerts you of an entry into your property via a sound alarm.
Small objects such as birds and falling leaves and any movement outside the infrared beams do not affect the sensors, so you will not be disturbed by unnecessary alerts. You may install the sensors at a height that will prevent passing dogs and other animals from triggering the break beam sensor. However, if a human passes through, the infrared beams will break, and the sensor will signal the receiver.
If you wish to use multiple sensors to cover the entire perimeter of your home, you may install up to four pairs of sensors. Also, the receiver is installed with 12 different alarm tunes that you can set individually for each zones in order to distinguish the zones and tell you which one signaled the receiver. The receiver also offers a 5 minute exit delay, allowing you to leave the house without setting off the alarm.
- Pair of sensors
- DCR 4000 Series Receiver with DC plug
- Rechargeable lithium ion batteries for sensors
is very great
I had a little trouble at first aligning the IR beams because my drive way width is 20 feet wide. Once I got the beams aligned I tested the unit and it works very well. I have not had a false signal yet.