Why Burglar-Proofing Your Home Is Necessary
In this article we will discuss why burglar proofing your home is necessary and give you some tips that will greatly enhance your home security and provide ways for you to protect your home and the possessions.
You have probably seen or heard the statistics about home burglary. Individually it may not seem like much, but when you multiply the economic devastation to one home by the number of times a burglary is committed every year it adds up to quite a loss. And that doesn’t even account for the psychological devastation of having the security, safety and sanctity of one’s own home violated. That impact alone is reason enough to have your home burglar proofed.Home Burglary Facts
- One of every six homes will be a burglarized this year.
- Over $2,100.00 in cash and property is stolen in every burglary.
- Another $2,100.00 in damage is done to each home.
- Less than 13% of burglaries are ever solved by law enforcement.
- It is a lucrative, low risk enterprise for the bad guys.
- Over 30% of all burglaries happen through unlocked doors and windows.
- Most burglaries are done during the daytime when homeowners are not there.
- Make sure the doors and windows of your home are locked at all times.
- Install home security alarms on all your doors and windows. They are cheap ways to improve your home security and scare away the bad guys if they break into your home.
- If you can’t afford security cameras, consider getting fake security cameras that look just like the real thing.
- Many people leave their garage doors open at some point during the day. This is a bad idea! Not only does it make the property inside the garage vulnerable to theft but since most garage doors provide access to the house, it is an idiot proof way to get inside without even having to break-in.
- One of the most effective deterrents to home burglary is the neighborhood watch program sponsored by the National Sheriffs Association. If you don’t have one in your neighborhood, start one-it is easy and free.
- If you request one, a free home security survey will be conducted by your local police department depending on manpower and time availability. They provide a professional perspective on how to improve your home security.
Burglar proofing your home does not have to be expensive, but for just about everybody it is a necessity.
We have 15 Window/Door Alarms to choose from plus many others including alarm systems and motion activated alarms all designed to protect your home.
We also have a big assortment of 37 Fake Security Cameras to choose from. They provide an economical way to improve your home security because no one can tell the difference from the real thing from more than 3 feet away.