Smart Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
I am almost cringing as I write this because the fall weather has been so gorgeous and wonderful for many of us anyhow. Today we are giving you some suggestions on holiday shopping safety tips. Yes, the holidays! They are rapidly approaching, with less than 50 days to Christmas.
It seems that mall shopping has become synonymous with holiday shopping. Women have turned shopping into an art form. In the time that it might take a man to do his shopping, women can expand on that and take three or four times the amount. That is not meant as a derogatory comment, but it is just the way women are. Most men don’t like shopping; women do.
Parking lots have proven to be fertile grounds for assaults on women. We explain why in this article called ‘Parking Lots Can Be Dangerous’ where we say “When women go shopping anywhere, at a mall, at a grocery store it makes no difference-they leave their cars in parking lots. When they return to the car they are often distracted by talking to a friend, talking on a cell phone or watching the kids or any other number of distractions. Additionally, many parking lots for commercial establishments do not offer any type of security and are poorly lit, all of which makes for fertile hunting grounds for sexual perverts.”
Knowing that women comprise the majority of customers in malls and stores this time of year, or any other time of year for that matter, perverts and other lowlife forms who prey on women salivate at the thought of so many targets wandering around the mall and parking lots. So here are some shopping safety tips not just for the holidays but for any time of year.
- If at all possible, shop during the day. Poor lighting in a parking lot gives the bad guys a little edge in their assaults.
- If you have to go at dusk or night time, choose an area that is well lit.
- The old saying about there being strength in numbers is true-go with a friend.
- Park as close as you can to your store.
- Keep your purse secure and underneath your arm.
- On your return to your car, have your car keys out and ready. If necessary you can use them as a weapon too.
- Most stores offer an escort service for their shoppers to their car. Take advantage of the service.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. Maintain clear visibility of your car.
- Avoid talking to strangers, especially on your way to your car.
- That inner voice, that is especially strong in women, will tell you when to be super cautious. Listen to it!
- Use common sense!
- Carry and be ready to use a pepper spray or stun gun for self-defense in the event of an assault.
Many people, especially women, think that crime can only happen to the “other guy.” You are that person-to the “other guy.”
We have close to 200 different Pepper Sprays to choose from the largest selection in any one place-anywhere.
We want to hear your thoughts. Chime in with your secrets about holiday shopping safety tips!