How’s Your Personal Safety And Home Security?
Because of budget cuts in law enforcement agencies and increasing crime rates, people are not as safe at home or anywhere, for that matter, as they used to be. Here are some things you can do to protect yourself and your family.
Examples of this are everywhere. About a year ago in Colorado the head of all corrections facilities in that state was gunned down when he opened his door without checking to see who was there. As it turned out, the killer was an ex-con who many suspect was under contract from other inmates to kill the man. He was later caught after a three-day manhunt.
“Knockout game” assaults seem to be on the rise. They are unprovoked attacks on innocent people walking down the street who are attacked by someone trying to knock them out in one punch. Many police officials are skeptical about this new assault tactic and feel it may be part of an urban myth. Knockout game assaults or variations of it have been around for a little over 20 years usually under different names.
Home burglary is at an all-time high because police officials suspect that many of the perpetrators are desperate for cash so they can buy drugs which as you know is out of control. The latest craze for home burglars is called a “Knock-Knock” burglary and this is no joke. The burglar knocks on the front door in broad daylight. When there is no answer he proceeds to the rear door and breaks in. Sometimes a window or door is left unlocked, so he doesn’t even have to actually break-in.
What Should You Do?
Here are some home security tips and personal safety tips that you can do for little to no cost other than some time and effort to improve your home security and personal safety.
Home Security Tips
- Join or start a neighborhood watch program which is one of the most effective deterrents to home burglary.
- Contact your local police department and asked them to do a free home security survey. It is done on time availability basis, but it is one valuable tool that’s available to all homeowners.
- Consider installing inexpensive window and door alarms that sound a loud siren alarm when the door or window is opened. That frequently will scare away an inexperienced burglar which is nearly 90% of them.
- Keep your doors and windows locked, even when you’re at home.
Personal Safety Tips
- Avoid poorly lit parking lots. They provide an excellent opportunity for assaults especially on women.
- Carry self-defense products with you wherever you go. Pepper sprays and stun devices are the most common and are actually very effective with close to a 90% efficiency at self-defense. Stun devices and pepper sprays are an inexpensive way to improve your personal safety.
- Consider taking a self-defense course, just to learn the basics, so you can defend yourself in an assault.
Follow these tips to improve your home security and personal safety. Home security and self-defense products are an inexpensive way to protect you and your family.
We have 106 different Keychain Pepper Sprays with attachments that make it easy to carry and defend yourself. One of them will be just right for you.
This four pack of Mini Magnetic Alarms uses double stick mounting tape to install a 90 dB alarm with a three position switch: alarm, off and chime.