- When hose is ran over a signal is sent wirelessly to your receiver inside notifying you
- Sensor capable of transmitting to the receiver up to a half mile away
- Transmitter has 25 feet of 3/8" diameter rubber hose that can stretch across driveway
- Up to 4 zones can be monitored with additional transmitters and hoses (not included, see Accessories)
- Transmitter is weatherproof and meant for exterior locations
- Receiver can be placed on a table or mounted on a wall
- Add up to as many receivers as desired for visitor notification throughout your home (not included, see Accessories)
- Four tones to choose from – Classical, Westminster Chime, Ding Dong, or Whistle
- Adjustable volume control
- Easy do-it-yourself installation
- Durable, weatherproof transmitter operates in temperatures from -30°F to 120°F
- Receiver powered by 12-volt DC plug which plugs into a standard wall outlet
- Transmitter powered by 9-volt battery (not included, see Accessories)
- Optional: outdoor driveway siren (not included, see Accessories)
- Optional: loud bell (not included, see Accessories)
- Optional: beam sensors (not included, see Accessories)
- Optional: covert transmitter box (not included, see Accessories)
- NOTE: Actual transmission range will vary depending on local terrain.
The Dakota ½ Mile Hose Alert Kit allows you to detect vehicles in your driveway when a car drives over a 3/8" diameter rubber hose. A signal will sound when this occurs, which will transmit from the DCR-4000 receiver. The DCR-4000 receiver system plugs into any standard wall outlet, and the transmitter operates with a 9-volt battery. Four (4) different tones (Westminster Chime, Whistle, Classical, or Ding Dong) can be selected. These tones will ring for several seconds.
- One (1) receiver with with 12V DC plug
- One (1) transmitter with 25-foot rubber hose
- One (1) flush mounting bracket for transmitter
Very easy to install, however we needed a longer hose due to the fact that our entrance is made of iron posts and directions said not to mount on steel or metal.
I love our driveway alarm hose. It was a good option for us, because the cows on either side of our driveway can set off motion detectors. So far it has worked every time with no false alarms. I really like that we can adjust the volume. I was able to hear it with the vacuum going :). We do have a gravel driveway though, so we put an old fire hose over the hose to protect it from the rocks. The only downside would be that the set up instructions were difficult to understand. I gave up because there were too many technical terms that were unfamiliar to me, but my husband was able to figure it out after about 10 minutes.
Works as descridbe and easy to set up. We no longer have to waste time checking the driveway when we hear a vehicle go by. When we have a visitor, the alarm lets us know. It's great!
Works great but didn't reach as far as I hoped. It was advertised as reaching a 1/2 but on went about half that. But once I got the range right it works great.