Is There A Hidden Spy Camera In Your Future?
Do you need a hidden spy camera? Most people don’t think that they do. That could be a big mistake. More than likely they are just not familiar with hidden spy cameras. They used to be cumbersome and expensive with limited capabilities. But with advances in technology and pretty competitive pricing among the thousands of distributors of these products, they have become useful tools for a wide variety of purposes and so inexpensive that just about anyone can afford them.
Hidden spy cameras, as you may know, are tiny pinhole cameras placed inside common everyday objects that people are used to seeing around the home, office or business. What makes them so effective is that people don’t suspect that there is a recording device inside a clock radio or wall clock. Most spy cameras these days have motion activated DVRs inside to record activity. Some models have capabilities which allow you to monitor what the camera sees from your smart phone. The technology is amazing!
In today’s blog post we will talk about the top uses for spy cameras. There may be others and if you have one please share with us.
- The most common use of the spy camera is as a nanny camera. When you mention the word spy camera in a home context that is what most people think of a way to keep an eye on a babysitter or nanny with a hidden spy camera. That same nanny camera can also be used to help keep people honest. It is a big temptation for a young teenager to stay out of the liquor cabinet in the home where they are babysitting.
- And yes you guessed it, another popular use of a nanny camera is for home security. Place one by your front door to see who is coming and going without you knowing it. Here is an example from ABC News about a homeowner who installed a hidden camera to catch a burglar in the act. Police can use video from surveillance or hidden cameras to catch the bad guy.
- Another common use of a hidden spy camera is for business security. This allows a business owner to keep an eye on what’s going on in his business when he can’t be there. If you suspect that you have an employee with sticky fingers running your cash register, there is no better way to catch them than with a hidden spy camera inside an overhead smoke detector.
- Infidelity is such a big problem in the United States and elsewhere that it keeps private investigators employed-many on a full-time basis. Getting a hidden camera and documenting infidelity issues is a lot cheaper than hiring a private investigator.
- With more senior citizens going into nursing homes, awareness is been raised on elder abuse in nursing homes and long-term care facilities. It also occurs in home healthcare settings. Many seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia make poor witnesses for what happened to them or they cannot verbalize what happened to them. That’s where a hidden spy camera. can provide documentary evidence that will stand up in court that may be otherwise impossible to obtain.
Have you ever used a hidden camera for any reason at all? Please share your experience with us.