- Insert probe transmitter into the ground parallel to driveway for low profile monitoring
- Probe magnetically detects vehicles, preventing false alarms due to large animals
- Detects vehicles passing by out to approximately 10-12 feet from the buried probe
- 50 feet of cable allow you to mount the transmitter on a nearby tree or post out of sight
- Sensor capable of transmitting to the receiver up to a 1 mile away
- Provides security by alerting you of visitors, deliveries, or trespassers
- Up to (4) zones can be monitored with additional transmitters and probes (not included, see Accessories)
- Add additional probes for multiple driveways or off roads
- Durable, weatherproof transmitter operates in temperatures from -30°F to 120°F
- Receiver uses a 12-volt DC plug (included) which plugs into a standard wall outlet
- Four alert tones to choose from – classical, Westminster chime, ding dong, or whistle
- Offers 5 minute exit delay so you can leave the property without triggering an alert tone
- Counter function periodically flashes an LED the number of times it detected a vehicle throughout the day
- Easy do-it-yourself installation
- Receiver powered by 12V DC transformer (included)
- Transmitter powered by (4) four CR123A (included)
- Optional: outdoor driveway siren (not included, see Accessories)
- Optional: beam sensor (not included, see Accessories)
- NOTE: Actual transmission range will vary depending on local terrain.
The Dakota 1 Mile Vehicle Alert Kit is the perfect product to use to detect vehicles in your driveway. Other signaling systems falsely detect animals passing by, but the Dakota 1 Mile Vehicle Alert Kit is much different. A probe is buried parallel to your driveway and will detect only cars within 10 to 12 feet. A direct burial cable is then run to the transmitter box, which can be placed on a post or tree. The transmitter functions on four (4) included CR123A batteries and has 50 feet of burial wire. One of four (4) available alert tones will sound when the DCR-4000 receiver gets a signal. Tones include classical, ding dong, Westminster chime, and whistle. The receiver features a five-minute delay and has a reminder beep that will sound until it is turned off. A counter function will keep track of how many times that signal has been triggered. The product's LED screen will flash the number of times the receiver was triggered throughout the entire day. A 12VDC plug is included and can be plugged into any wall outlet. Four (4) form "C" relay outputs can be paired with the other products in Dakota Alert's 4000 Alarm Series (not included).
- One (1) receiver with DC output plug
- One (1) transmitter with CR123A batteries
- 50 feet of cable
I like it. This is the third one we got. One someone messed with, one the plow got., and now this one. Wish it still had just the beep/tone. The door bell sounds to much like our door bells, the themes well...no, now we have the coo-coo sound, it’s ok. Let’s us know if someone is coming down the drive.
Installation was a breeze except for burying the wire. Works great and reaches from the end of a long driveway to the house.
This is my third one of these. I have line of site for about 1/4 and they work great. This one is a spare in the event lightning takes either of my other two.
Works like they advertise, and it does the job for me, very happy with the performance so far !
Good product. instructions are easy to follow and the unit works as advertised. Especially like the 5 minute depart delay as I leave early in the morning and don't want to wake the whole house.