The Five Most Popular Types of Self-Defense Batons
Batons have been used for self-defense in one way or another for a long time. Can you remember the first time you picked up a stick to hit somebody? Some law enforcement officials call them RCB’s or rapid containment batons. They have been used by law enforcement officials for crowd control and criminal apprehension for a long time. The baton in the hands of a trained professional is a very effective weapon.
For civilians, they are a popular tool for self-defense for personal security and personal defense. There are basically five types of batons on the market today. They are the expandable or collapsible baton, the automatic baton, the flashlight baton, stun baton and key chain baton. Here’s a brief example of all of them so you can see if one will work for you. Some of them are actually combined to make them more effective such as the expandable stun baton.
1. The first example is the expandable chrome steel baton. It is just over 9 1/2 inches long and with the flick of the wrist it extends to 26 inches. It is high quality solid steel construction with a diamond style rubber grip handle for firm grip. It comes with a heavy-duty nylon holster, belt loop and ring. It is one of the most popular batons.
2. The next example is the automatic 21 inch expandable baton. It extends to 21 inches automatically with the push of a button. It is also solid steel construction and comes in black. It has a safety switch and a real leather case. It is made in Taiwan and is far superior to models made in China.
3. Next is the expandable baton flashlight. It is 10 inches long and extends to 21 inches long and includes an LED flashlight with glass breaker. It also has a solid rubber handle for better gripping and includes a nylon holster with belt loop.
4. One of the most popular ones is the Expandable Baton. It’s rechargeable and is 3,000,000 volts with an LED flashlight and 130 dB alarm. It is 12 1/2 inches long and expands to 21 1/4 inches at the press of the button. When you press the button to extend the stun gun it also charges it to 3,000,000 volts, sounds the 130 dB alarm and turns on the bright LED flashlight. It has a lifetime warranty.
5. The last example is the expandable, key chain baton that’s 5 1/2 inches long and extends to 12 inches. It is solid steel construction and silver in color.
Those are five examples of different types of batons for self-defense, personal security and personal defense.
All steel batons retract by hitting the tip onto a hard surface such as concrete. This must be done when the baton is vertical to avoid bending the baton.
Check our big selection of Self-Defense Batons
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products. We carry a wide range of self-defense products including tasers, stun guns, pepper sprays and other nonlethal weapons that can save your life in the event of an attack.