Safety Tip Of the Week-For Real Estate Agents
Many years ago when my daughter lived in Las Vegas she was a real estate agent. Because of that and some of the stories she told me I did some research on the topic and found that a lot of real estate agents fall victim to crimes. Here’s how to avoid being a victim.
1. Never show a home alone without some kind of self defense product with you.
2. When showing a home, always make sure that someone at the office knows where you are.
3. Carry your cell phone with you at all times.
4. When showing a home, let the customer go first. Don’t turn your back on the customer.
5. If the customer wants to meet you somewhere and then drive to a location you politely decline and insist on doing the driving.
If your office doesn’t have safety procedures in place the National Association of Realtors has some. Be a hero for your office and get them implemented at your place of work.
These precautions may sound a little bit paranoid but there are just way too many stories of real estate agents getting raped showing a home. You certainly don’t want to be a victim. You just want to do your job.
Carry a stun gun or a Pepper Spray with you. But don’t forget to never leave your pepper spray in the car it could explode.
We invite you to check all of our Self Defense Products.
The best place to buy Home Security Products.
And don’t forget to give us your feedback on these posts. We want to hear your thoughts.