Defending Against Animal Attacks-Five Of The Best Tools
Animal attacks are one of the most common problems in the United States today. If you don’t believe me check on the cable channels and see how many shows are about animal attacks. People love to watch them, but if you are a victim of one it’s not so much fun. An attack by a dog can be one of the most frightening things that you can go through. Out West there’s a potential for bear attacks, mountain lion attacks and other wild animal attacks too.
Every year over 500,000 of our fellow Americans get attacked by dogs. And those are the ones we know about. Of those nearly 1,000,000 require hospitalization.
Here are five of the best animal repellers for you to consider. They are all very effective and very inexpensive. There are slight differences between them.
All animals have extremely sensitive noses so pepper spray is one of the best animal repellent’s that you can use.
1. Of course everybody has heard of bear spray. I always recommend that nobody be allowed into the back country for camping, fishing, hiking without carrying some bear pepper spray. In studies done, it has been shown to be more effective than a handgun at defending against a bear attack. As a bear approaches create a wall of mist between you and the bear so that when he enters that area he will smell the pepper spray and retreat.
2. The muzzle dog pepper spray contains 20 half-second bursts that are good up to as much as12 feet away. It has a flip top safety to prevent accidental discharge and includes a Velcro attachment you can use to secure it to a bike. This version of pepper spray is specially formulated for dogs with less than 1% concentration of oleoresin capsicum-the usual concentration is 10%.
3. The ultrasonic dog repeller makes a discomforting but not harmful high frequency sound that only dogs can hear. It is good up to 20 feet away and uses a 9 volt battery. It is good for dogs, cats, coyotes and wolves. You can use this device as a training tool for your dogs or cats so they don’t mess up your furniture or dig through your trash can. It can help teach good behavior. Another model has a strobe light which is helpful to you and distracting to dogs.
4. A new personal favorite of many is the Scram Patrol with laser. It works up to 20 feet away and is good for cats, dogs, squirrels, coyotes, wolves and all other nuisance animals. It produces a high-frequency sound that is not harmful, but very effective at repelling animals up to 20 feet away. It is inaudible to humans. It works on deer as well for those of you who have deer in their yard
5. And maybe one of the most unique products is an inaudible (to humans) ultrasound device that attaches to your car. The Deer Whistle Warning Device alerts deer, dogs, bear, elk, skunks, cats, squirrels or anything that’s out on the highway in your way. As you drive, the sound reverberates warning them away. It is wind activated and is good up to a quarter of a mile away.
Those are five of the best animal repellers to help you defend against animal attacks.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products. We carry a wide range of self-defense products including Tasers, stun guns, pepper sprays and other non-lethal weapons that can save your life in the event of an attack.