- Fires 35 feet (20 feet further than some other bear spray brands)
- The only heat sealed bear spray
- 2.0% Capsaicin and Related Capsaicinoids (CRC) strength (maximum strength allowed by the EPA)
- Almost 50% stronger than SABRE's strongest personal defense sprays which contain 1.33% CRC
- Dual propellant system empties entire canister in just 5 seconds
- Glow-in-the-dark safety top helps you quickly locate the canister when camping at night
- Repeatedly field tested and proven effective by the Elmendorf Air Force Base and Brown Bear Resources
- Dimensions: 8.5" tall x 2.09" diameter
- Weight: 0.65 lbs. (10.4 oz.)
Bear Attack Deterrent Sprays have to contain at least 1.0% Capsaicin and Related Capsaicinoids (CRC) and no more than 2.0% CRC. FRONTIERSMAN contains the maximum strength allowed by the Environmental Protection Agency and is 50% stronger than our SABRE personal defense sprays, which contain approximately 1.33% CRC. This gives users maximum protection against bear attacks. The 35-foot range is a vital feature, as bears can travel 20 feet per second. The unique holster enables users to reach for the spray quickly or shoot it from the hip. Also, a glow-in-the-dark safety wedge prevents accidental discharge. FRONTIERSMAN was field-tested and proven effective in Alaska and Montana by Elmendorf Air Force Base and the Brown Bear Resources.
- Belt Holster
So far I only had to use it to drop my rhinoceros looking mother-in-law dropped her like a fly
Caught a someone robbing my shed so I let him have it with a can of this! Good stuff, he went down like a bag o' dirt.
The Frontiersman Bear Spray is well built and comes with a belt holster (that does not cover the top of the canister). The trigger is on top of the can and has a plastic stopper with two tie-wraps. You will have to remove one of the tie-wraps in advance to be able to operate the sprayer. The other tie-wrap holds the safety stop/pin from falling on the ground should you have to ready the canister to spray it. Not dumb enough to test this on myself, but it does seem to blast out a decent stream. I think that you could count on it out to 25' with a light wind.