Self-Defense Items: Tips for Stun Gun Usage
Of all the self-defense items in the world, stun guns are second only to pepper sprays in terms of popularity as a nonlethal self-defense weapon. You can get some benefit from the self-defense weapon without knowledge or training. I think that is called dumb luck. But it is much more effective if you know how to use them and practice a little bit.
Nonlethal self-defense weapons have become particularly popular as a first line self-defense for women, who often have a hard time with deadly force. The nonlethal alternative, using self-defense items, disables an assailant for up to 45 minutes allowing the user time to escape a potentially dangerous or deadly situation.
Pepper sprays and stun guns are the most common of all the self-defense items. It is no accident that stun guns and pepper sprays are carried by every law enforcement officer in the country as part of their “continuum of force” which calls for the use of a nonlethal self-defense weapon first after a lawful command is disobeyed.
Is it any wonder that these self-defense items have become so popular, especially for self-defense for women?
Having self-defense items for your primary self-defense is not enough. You need to know how to use the product and like anything else practice using it.
Here are some stun gun usage tips to help you gain proficiency in the use of the stun tools.
1. As soon as you get your stun device, read the instructions and insert the batteries.
2. Almost all stun devices come with a holster or belt clip. Keep your stun device handy at all times. They are all small enough to carry in your pocket or your purse.
3. Learn the points of contact for maximum effectiveness. They are the upper hip, below the rib cage and in the upper shoulder even the neck area.
4. A stun device must be applied to an assailant for 2 to 5 seconds for maximum effectiveness. Hold the stun device against him for as long as you can but at least 2-5 seconds.
5. Get the most powerful stun device you can afford. The most powerful stun gun in the world at 5,000,000 volts is called The Blackout.
6. Don’t worry about the electrical charge coming back to you, it just won’t happen.
7. Every stun device has a safety switch to prevent accidental discharge. It must be in the on position for the stun device to work. Some stun guns have a disable pin wrist strap that effectively prevents the use against you should the stun gun be taken away.
8. Every stun tool makes a very startling sound when the electrical sparks fly from one probe to another, which in and of itself is quite intimidating. Get used to hearing that when you practice.
9. And practice!
Follow these tips to maximize the benefits of your new stun device.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products. We carry a wide range of self-defense products including tasers, pepper sprays, Streetwise Stun Guns and other non-lethal weapons that can save your life in the event of an attack.
Our vast network of product sourcing, both stateside and abroad, saves you and your family time and money and insures you the lowest possible prices available in the marketplace.
Leave a comment