- Dual chamber Ionization Technology Sensor for fast, effective detection of fire
- Ideal as new installation or as a replacement for most existing smoke alarms
- Battery-operated for continued protection in the event of a power outage
- Average battery life is 4,380 hours
- Emits loud 85dB horn when alarm is triggered
- Special design keeps dust, insects and contaminants out
- Easy-to-use alarm test button
- Tamper-resistant locking pin to prevent unauthorized alarm removal
- Audible low battery indicator
- Simple installation process
- Product Dimensions: 4.25" x 4.25" x 1.375"
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Meets UL Standard 217 requirements
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
- NOTE: All UNIVERSAL® Smoke & Fire Alarms comply with the following authorities:
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- Federal Housing Authority (FHA)
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- California State Fire Marshal (CSFM)
This UNIVERSAL® Ionization Smoke Detector is an easy-to-use device that provides safety reassurance by responding quickly to fast-flaming fires. It comes with everything you need to install it yourself, and is battery-operated with no external wiring required - so even when the power's out, you can feel good knowing your fire alarm is still working for you and your family.
Developed to meet standard requirements, it meets the criteria specified by UL Standard 217 and is California State Fire Marshal-approved.
Utilizing a small amount of Americium-241, two electrically charged plates will trigger the smoke alarm sensor when smoke enters the chamber and interferes with the current. The ionization chamber is optimal for detecting fast-flaming fires in your home.
When the sensor is tripped, an 85-decibel alarm will sound-- that's about as loud as a truck with a diesel engine. And any time you want to check your alarm, simply use the test button. When the battery is low, it will alert you with a low-battery beeping signal.
Comes with a separate large size (143mm) mounting plate that attaches to any standard rectangular or octagon junction box to cover paint or drywall damage.
Your UNIVERSAL® smoke detector is covered by a 3-year warranty, so once you install it, you can sleep easy knowing you're safe and sound.
There are three basic smoke alarm types:
Ionization smoke alarms are typically more effective at detecting fast flaming fires - fires which consume combustible materials rapidly and spread quickly. Source of these fires may include paper burning in a wastebasket, or kitchen grease fires.
Photoelectric smoke alarms, on the other hand, are typically more effective at detecting slow smoldering fires - fires which burn for hours before bursting into flame. Sources of these fires may include cigarettes burning in couches or bedding and even faulty electrical wiring burning in walls.
IoPhic® is an ionization alarm containing a patent-pending Universal Smoke Sensing Technology. IoPhic alarms are very effective at detecting fast flaming fires and also respond very quickly to slow smoldering fires - up to 87% faster than the maximum allowable alarm limit.
- Mounting Hardware
- 9-volt battery
- Instruction Manual