- NOTE: This insert weighs 1.2 lbs and is 14" tall, 11" wide, and .45" deep, please make sure to measure the bag you're going to place this item in so that you can ensure it fits. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this insert and confirm it will fit the backpack it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- Designed specifically for briefcases and laptop bags
- Twaron material makes it lightweight and easy to carry
- Made of 24 layers of material for maximum protection
- Protects against knives and other sharp objects as well
- Tested to level 3A standards
- Features a UV resistant nylon covering
- Easily removable for cleaning/storage
- Dimensions: 11" x 0.45" x 14"
- Weighs: 1.2 lbs.
- NOTE: Does NOT include a backpack. Purchase ONLY includes the bulletproof insert.
The only bulletproof plate designed specifically for a briefcase. Protect yourself or your loved ones no matter where you go with TuffyPack’s extremely lightweight soft armor inserts. This specially designed insert is designed to fit into school backpacks and smaller day packs measuring 11"x14". This insert provides ballistic protection from handgun fire and can stop multiple rounds. Manufactured with 24 layers of Twaron, a high performance to weight ratio material like Kevlar, this insert is extremely light while meeting Level IIIA standards. The ballistic shields when inserted into backpacks, briefcases or computer bags will provide the highest level of protection currently available as lightweight concealable body armor. Hopefully you never have to be in a situation that requires ballistic protection, but with this insert you can make sure you're always protected.
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.