- This insert weighs 1.7 lbs and is 18" tall, 12" wide, and .45" deep, please make sure to measure the bag you're going to place this item in so that you can ensure it fits. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this insert and confirm it will fit the backpack it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- Fits larger school backpacks and adult bags
- Lightweight Twaron for easy to carry protection
- 24 layers of material for tempered protection
- Also protects again stabbing/piercing objects
- Level IIIA Lab Tested
- UV Resistant Nylon Covering
- Easily removable for cleaning/storage
- Dimensions: 12" x 0.45" x 18"
- Weighs: 1.7 lbs.
- NOTE: Does NOT include a backpack. Purchase ONLY includes the bulletproof insert.
Protect yourself or your loved ones no matter where you go with TuffyPack’s extremely lightweight soft armor inserts. This specially designed insert fits into school backpacks and larger adult bags measuring 12"x18". This insert provides ballistic protection from handgun fire and can stop multiple types of rounds. Created using 24 layers of Twaron, a high performance lowweight material like Kevlar, this insert is extremely light while meeting Level 3A standards. The ballistic shields when inserted into backpacks, briefcases, or even computer bags will provide the highest level of protection currently available in the form of lightweight concealable body armor.
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.