- NOTE: This insert weighs 1.43 lbs and is 16" tall, 12" wide, and .45" deep, please make sure to measure the bag you're going to place this item in so that you can ensure it fits. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this insert and confirm it will fit the backpack it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- Designed to fit the backpacks of high schoolers and college students
- Lightweight Twaron allows for protection without extra weight
- Made of 24 layers of Twaron for tempered protection
- Allows protection against stabbing/piercing objects
- Level 3A Lab Tested
- UV Resistant Nylon Covering
- Easy to clean and store
- Dimensions: 12" x 0.45" x 16"
- Weighs: 1.43 lbs.
- NOTE: Does NOT include a backpack. Purchase ONLY includes the bulletproof insert.
Designed to be lightweight and incredibly portable this ballistic plate stops both sharp object sand a variety of calibers of handguns. Specially designed to fit into school backpacks and sling packs measuring 12"x16". This insert provides ballistic protection from handgun fire and can stop multiple rounds. Manufactured using 24 layers of Twaron, a high performance to weight ratio material similar to Kevlar, this insert is extremely light while meeting Level 3A standards. The ballistic shields when inserted into backpacks, briefcases or computer bags will provide the highest level of protection currently available as lightweight concealable body armor.
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.