- NOTE: This backpack weighs 3.5 lbs and is 19" tall, 13" wide, and 8" deep, please make sure this backpack is the appropriate size and weight for you or your child. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this backpack and hold it against the person it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- 19 x 13” of ballistic coverage sewn directly into the backpack center divider.
- Fully functional media ready backpack
- Ultra durable and high quality construction
- Lab Tested for Level IIIA Ballistic Protection
- Larger protective surface area
- Each pack includes lab test documents and a parental guide
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
With an air comfort molded back, ultra-padded adjustable shoulder straps and the ability to store up to a 17″ laptop, this backpack combines all the features of your standard media ready backpack with Level IIIA Bulletproof Protection ensuring that you stay safe wherever you go. Measuring 19 inches in height, this bulletproof backpack is ideal for youth, college students, travelers and professionals alike. 24 Layers of Twaron anti-ballistic material are sewn into the center divider of this backpack allowing for the largest possible protection area than removable plates which can differ in size or move around while in use. Included are several organizational compartments, including a tablet/laptop holder and auxiliary cord connection so you can listen to music directly from inside your backpack or use hands-free headphones for ultimate convenience and entertainment.
- Certificate of testing for NIJ Level IIIA bulletproof protection
- Parental Guide
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.