- NOTE: This insert weighs 8 lbs and is 13" tall, 10" wide, and .3" deep, please make sure to measure the bag you're going to place this item in so that you can ensure it fits. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this insert and confirm it will fit the backpack it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- Plate is level 3+ NIJ lab tested to stop rifle bullets
- Rated to stop 7.62 M80 Ball
- Special Threat Rated to stop 5.56 Ball and more
- All parts are American made
- Armor meets NIJ-STD-0101.06 / MIL-STD-662F standards
- Armor plate dimensions: 10" x 0.3" x 13"
- Armor plate weight: 8 lbs.
- Backpack has a durable nylon construction
- Sternum and waist straps for stability
- Ventilated mesh straps for non-stop comfort
- Compatible with a hydration pack up to 1.5L
- Four individual compartments
- Backpack exterior dimensions: 18" x 10" x 10"
- Main compartment: 18" x 10" x 5" with one zippered pocket and one mesh pocket
- Secondary compartment: 15" x 8" x 2"
- Bottom front compartment: 10" x 8" x 2.5"
- Top front compartment: 4" x 7" x 2.5"
- Backpack weight: 1.5 lbs.
This Spartan Armor Systems™ hard balistic plate is made with a rifle rated level III+ steel core that is able to stop most bullets, even those fired from rifles. It is crafted from the best American made materials and has been tested and passed in accordance with NIJ-STD-0101.06 / MIL-STD-662F standards. It was also designed to be perfectly inserted into standard backpacks and comes paired with a durable Condor Assault Systems Backpack that features four individual compartments, and is designed to allow you to carry a rifle or shotgun on a sling. Ventilated mesh straps provide long-lasting comfort while carrying, and the waist and sternum straps provide much-needed stability. Built with durable nylon to protect the contents, this backpack is also compatible with a hydration pack, perfect for a long hike.
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.