- NOTE: This insert weighs 8 lbs and is 13" tall, 10" wide, and .3" deep, please make sure to measure the bag you're going to place this item in so that you can ensure it fits. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this insert and confirm it will fit the backpack it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- Level 3+ NIJ lab tested to stop rifle bullets
- Rated to stop 7.62 M80 Ball
- Special Threat Rated to stop 5.56 Ball and more
- Easily fits into backpacks or similar sized bags
- All parts are American made
- Meets NIJ-STD-0101.06 / MIL-STD-662F standards
- Dimensions: 10" x 0.3" x 13"
- Weight: 8 lbs.
- NOTE: Does NOT include a backpack. Purchase ONLY includes the bulletproof insert.
This Spartan Armor Systems™ hard balistic plate is made with a rifle rated level III+ steel core that is able to stop most bullets, even those fired from rifles. It is designed to perfectly insert into standard backpacks or similar items to provide everyday protection in a dangerous world. It is crafted from the best American made materials and has been tested and passed in accordance with NIJ-STD-0101.06 / MIL-STD-662F standards.
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.