- Black 5" diameter mock dome security camera
- Typical dome shape provides a realistic look
- Motion sensor
- Indicator light turns on when sensor is activated
- Motorized pan movement gives an operative feel
- Seems to work like a normal working security device but is actually non-functional
- No wiring required
- Batteries: Two (2) AA (not included, see Accessories)
- Dimensions: 4-5/8” x 3” x 4-5/8”
If you cannot afford to have a real security device, you can always make do with a cheaper mock version, especially if it gives the look of the real device. This Mitaki-Japan® mock security camera gives you just what you want and well within your budget. Its appearance is like any functional security device only without operating like one.
It is like a standard dome-shaped device that you commonly see along corridors, hallways, offices, in retail stores, and so on. What makes it look real and operative is the motion sensor and motorized pan movement and red indicator light, which turns on when the motion sensor is activated. This is enough to scare away potential thieves, as they confuse the device with a real camera.
The fake security camera runs on two standard AA batteries in order for the motion sensor and movement functions to work and requires no wiring for installation. So if you are thinking security and are tight on budget, you can try this mock camera. There is simply no telling the mock camera from the real security dome. As long as it scares away intruders, it does not really matter whether the device is real or non-functional.
Range is too short on the motion sensor.
Serves the purpose I use them for. They have already showed their effectiveness. Perfect I will recommend the home security superstore to anyone wanting to secure their property.