- NOTE: This insert weighs 3.67 lbs and is 19" tall, 10" wide, and .25" deep, please make sure to measure the bag you're going to place this item in so that you can ensure it fits. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this insert and confirm it will fit the backpack it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- UL752 level 1 bullet resistant ballistic plate
- Can stop up to 3 shots of 9mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullet even if shot in the same spot
- Provides protection to vital body organs
- Perfect for sliding into backpacks (not included, see accessories)
- Dimensions: 10" x 0.25" x 19"
- Weight: 3.67 lbs.
- NOTE: Does NOT include a backpack. Purchase ONLY includes the bulletproof insert.
The Backpack Armor Protection Level 1 Ballistic Plate is a bullet resistant plate that provides perfect bodily protection. It has the ability to stop up to three shots in the same spot of 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. The ballistic plate protects vital body organs from injury and fits into many large backpacks, so it is perfect for keeping your children or yourself safe.
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.