Leatherback Gear™ Sport One 3A Bulletproof Backpack
25+ In Stock - Ships Today (Order By 4:00 PM ET)
The lightweight backpack can be split in two to stop handgun rounds from the front and back!
- NOTE: This backpack weighs 5.1 lbs and is 17.5” tall x 12.5” wide x 6” deep, please make sure this backpack is the appropriate size and weight for you or your child. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this backpack and hold it against the person it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- NOTE: This contains a Level 3A insert and WILL NOT repel rounds from high caliber rifles like an AR-15.
- Level 3A bulletproof armor backpack, will repel most common handgun calibers including 9mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and .44 magnum
- This backpack has a plate on the back and the front and splits open to be worn as a vest
- Each side contains an NIJ lab-tested level 3A bulletproof ballistic plate
- Includes a removable 10" x 13" level 3A plate that can be replaced with a higher level plate (must be purchased separately)
- Water resistant design makes it perfect for outdoor use on runs and hikes
- Comes with built-in detachable tourniquets to help in crisis situations
- Internal organizer keep things tidy with a laptop compartment that fits most 17" laptops
- Works great as a sport pack or an emergency "go-bag"
- Dimensions: 17.5” x 12.5” x 6” Weight (with plates): 5.1 lbs.
The Leatherback Gear™ Sport One is a great sporty backpack that doubles as a convertible bulletproof vest. It holds 2 level 3A certified plates, meaning it protects from the most common handgun caliber bullets. The water-resistant design is great for use as a sports pack when hiking, biking, or jogging. It also features the ability to be used as a "go-bag for any kind of emergency situation. The backpack is 17.5 inches tall, 12.5 inches wide, and 6 inches deep meaning you can fit a 17-inch laptop, emergency supplies, and a first aid kit inside it. It also features built-in tourniquets for use in crisis situations.
- Leatherback Gear™ Sport One 3A Bulletproof Backpack
- Two (2) Level 3A Bulletproof Armor Inserts
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.