- 2 million SHU (Scoville Heat Units)
- 10% OC (Oleoresin Capsicum)
- Very convenient to carry and perfect for on the go use
- Built-in key ring can be easily attached to your house, office, or car keys
- Hinged safety cap that flips open to reveal actuator button
- Actuator button marked with a white stripe on firing end
- Orientation tab allows you to feel when the unit is properly aimed
- Contains 6 short bursts
- Sprays up to 5 feet
- Cone spray pattern
- Refillable (see Accessories for 45-gram KeyGuard® refill canister, which will refill the unit up to 15 times)
- Pink color
- Weighs 3 grams
- Measures 3.25" H x .5" W
The PINK Mace® KeyGuard® Pepper Spray can be attached to any set of keys with its built-in key ring. The pepper spray's formula, which contains a concentration level of 1.4% capsaicinoids, is extremely hot and causes an attacker to feel a burning sensation in his or her eyes. Additionally, the attacker’s eyes will tear up and slam shut. The powerful active ingredient in the pepper spray is Oleoresin Capsicum, which is commonly referred to as red pepper.
I had this same exact product before years ago, but gave it to a friend who had to get a PFA. I recently moved and wanted to feel a little bit more secure until I get used to my new surroundings. This is perfect because it's small but strong. It fits on my keychain (most people have to ask me what it is because they don't even know), but having that little metal piece sticking out to remind you exactly where your finger needs to go, if God forbid you have to press the trigger, is very helpful and reassures me personally, because sometimes, esp. in an unexpected and/or emergency, we often "freeze" in fear or out of panic. I think this makes it easier to access the product to dispense, should you ever need to use it. I plan to buy some this year to use as stocking stuffers for my sisters and Mom. It's worth every penny and they can think I'm crazy, but I rather be safe than sorry!