Streetwise™ Level 3A Bulletproof Backpack Soft Armor Insert 8" x 10"
Out of Stock
Fits into the smallest bags for children to protect them in an active shooter situation!
- NOTE: This insert weighs 1.4 lbs and is 10" tall, 8" wide, and .25" deep, please make sure to measure the bag you're going to place this item in so that you can ensure it fits. We strongly suggest you create a cardboard template of the dimensions of this insert and confirm it will fit the backpack it is intended for. We offer sizes that will accommodate all! It is also a good idea to approximate the added weight to ensure the person it is intended for can manage it.
- NOTE: Does NOT include a backpack. Purchase ONLY includes the bulletproof insert.
- NOTE: This is a Level 3A insert and WILL NOT repel rounds from high caliber rifles like an AR-15.
- Level 3A bulletproof armor insert, will repel most common handgun calibers including 9mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and .44 magnum
- Provides protection to vital body organs
- Dimensions: 8" x 10" x 0.25"
- Weighs 10.4 oz.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Streetwise™ Level 3A Bulletproof Backpack Armor Insert 8 x 10 converts your backpack, laptop case, or handbag into a ballistic shield. The insert is capable of stopping nearly all handgun rounds (including 9mm and .44 Magnum)and protects from sharp objects as well. Tested by an independent facility to National Institute of Justice (NIJ) the insert measures up to Level 3A standards. This is the highest level of protection currently available for lightweight, flexible (soft) body armor.
The Ballistic Protection Levels are as follows:
Level 1: (High) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets. This is a good entry level for if you're concerned about safety and want a baseline of protection, however level 1 will not stop higher caliber rounds so if those are a concern for you this might not be what you need.
Level 2A: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets but offers up a little extra protection against .40 S&W rounds. Still, a low-level protection but is passable for whatever needs you have if you're not very concerned.
Level 2: (Higher) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W and with the additional power to stop a .357 magnum round. This is where things start to go from casual protection to serious stopping power.
Level 3A: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, and the high powered .44 magnum used famously in the movie Dirty Harry. High-level protection from most handguns.
Level 3: (Highest) Protects from 9 mm, .38 cal, .380 cal or .22 cal bullets, .40 S&W, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .223 hollow point, 7.62 NATO and lastly 5.56 JHP. This is real protection, 5.56 and .223 are the most common rounds for the AR platform rifles with the 7.62 NATO being the most common round for the AK-47.