Seven Tips For Avoiding Crime-Safety Tip Of The Week
Crime happens everywhere on the streets, at home and at work. So these tips are general in nature and are meant to help you raise your awareness.
1. Be alert and be aware of your surroundings at all times. The bad guys use distractions to their advantage.
2. When you walk, walk with a sense of confidence with your head held high.
3. Vary your routines and your routes. Predictability makes you a more likely target.
4. 90% of all home burglaries happen through unlocked doors and windows. So start locking your doors and windows at home and in your car.
5. You can avoid car theft by locking your doors and use an ant-theft device if you have one. Remove temptation but putting packages in the trunk and park in a well-lit place.
6. Be informed of what’s going on in your neighborhood. One of the best ways to do that is get involved with a neighborhood watch program.
7. Carry some self defense products such as a Pepper Spray with you at all times even in your car.
Follow these tips and you may avoid becoming a statistic.
Feedback on these posts is appreciated. Have you ever been attacked on the street? Please share your experience. We want to hear your thoughts.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products. We carry a wide range of self-defense products including tasers, stun guns, pepper sprays and other nonlethal weapons that can save your life in the event of an attack.