Self Defense-Seven Tips To Keep You Safe
Women are the targets of violence in nine out of every 10 cases. Establishing a strategy for self-defense, especially female self-defense, is a must. Here are some self-defense tips that may seem obvious, but they work.
It seems as though within the last six months, the incidence of assaults, particularly assaults on women has gone up. Assault prevention is something that police departments have classes on that are free. They usually fall in the category of no-brainers with some self-defense tips that are geared mainly for women, female self-defense.
Why women? They are the targets of violence in nine out of every 10 cases. Establishing a strategy for self defense, especially female self-defense, is a must. Here are some self-defense tips that may seem obvious, but they work in assault prevention.
1. Almost every community offers self-defense classes. Either the police department or the YMCA are two good places to start. A self-defense class should be the foundation for every self-defense strategy.
2. If you are walking, running or jogging for exercise or just to go to the store do it during daylight hours and go with a friend. There is strength in numbers.
3. Hitchhiking used to be a pretty common practice and it was relatively safe. Not anymore! It’s equally dangerous for the hitchhiker and for the person giving them a ride. They’re just too many weirdos out there. Take a bus, get a ride with a friend, take a taxi but don’t hitchhike.
4. At work it may be sometimes faster to take the stairs than wait for an elevator, but stairwells are frequently darkened and unprotected places by security cameras so they make good ambush spots for the bad guys.
5. Constantly be aware of your surroundings. Predators lay in wait in parking lots of grocery stores and malls because they know that women, after they are done shopping, are frequently distracted and busy pushing their carts, watching the kids, talking on a cell phone and whatever. So it’s easy to be distracted. Predators prey on distracted women. They make excellent targets.
6. Road rage is becoming much more commonplace. Keep your eyes on the road and your fingers to yourself. It is way too easy to express yourself digitally to an offensive driver. Keep your cool and stay safe.
7. Always carry a self-defense product with you. Don’t keep a Pepper Spray in your car: the pressurized contents could explode. But if you keep a personal alarm in your car or a stun gun that would work. Always have a self-defense item at your disposal. Pepper sprays are so small you can put it in your purse or wear it on your hip.
Remember a self-defense item allows you time to escape a dangerous situation. It doesn’t maim or injure anybody on a permanent basis.
Follow these self-defense tips and carry a self-defense item with you at all times and you’ll avoid being assaulted or be able to defend yourself if you do get assaulted.
The Home Security Superstore is one of the oldest and largest independent distributors of high quality home security, surveillance, spy, self-defense, survival and safety products. We carry a wide range of self-defense products including Tasers, stun guns, pepper sprays, and other non-lethal weapons that can save your life in the event of an attack.